Why become a member of TAPT?When you join TAPT as a member at the Active, Associate, or Business Associate level you become a part of a professional organization with a rich history and a membership that is involved in all facets of safely transporting students. Membership benefits include:
- Ability to become Professionally Certified as a Texas Transportation Professional
- Member Newsletter- Keeping our members up to date on trends, issues & updates
- First to know about TAPT PDC, Conference and Trade Show event registration
- Invited to Webinars with access later in the Members Only section for review
- Assistance with Mentors or Consultants for New Administrators or Assessments
- Chapter Meeting Notices
- Access to Membership Roster and contact info in the Members Only Section
- Ability to join the TAPT EGroup Chat Forum and participate in industry related conversations
- Ability to vote and hold TAPT Executive Committee and chapter committee positions
- Advertise as a Business Associate Member on our weekly Business Associate Spotlight and on the Website.
- Ability to volunteer for TAPT Committees
TAPT Membership Year
July 1 -
July 1 -
$50 / year
Open to individuals who are employed in Texas public school districts and are involved in pupil transportation. Active members have access to members only resources and benefits plus the ability to vote and hold office.
$25 / year
Open to individuals who are Texas public school district personnel (other than those who are active members), state agency and Education Service Center employees who are directly involved in Texas school transportation program management. Associate members have access to members only resources and benefits but are not eligible to vote or hold office.
$60 / year
Open to individuals connected with pupil transportation in a supply, maintenance, vendor, or technical advisory capacity. Business Associate members have access to members only resources and benefits and are eligible to vote for and hold the office of Business Associate Director.
When active members retire after 5 consecutive years of membership in good standing with TAPT, they may apply for honorary lifetime membership. Honorary membership applications are considered and approved by the Executive Committee. Honorary members shall be entitled to all the privileges of active membership except the ability to vote or hold office. Honorary members are exempt from paying annual dues.